Who are we?
The College of Arts and Sciences Peer Advisors is a small, charismatic group of 16-20 students chosen to represent A&S. Peer Advisors work primarily during the summer at Bama Bound. Peer Advisors have one on one conversations with incoming students about campus life, student involvement, and offer a student perspective during course registration. Additionally, Peer Advisors serve A&S students during the school year by assisting during advising sessions, organizing events for current students, and aiding in prospective student recruitment.
One of the main roles of being a Peer Advisor for the College of Arts and Sciences is to work Bama Bound Orientation. During orientation, peer advisors will work with incoming students and parents to answer questions regarding the first-year experience and assist advisors with registration and schedule planning. If selected to be a Peer Advisor, you will serve as role models for first-year students and should be knowledgeable about campus resources, the University core requirements, campus life, and the Tuscaloosa community.
- Must be enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to engage both one-on-one and in group settings
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be available for all freshman orientation sessions in May, June, and July
- Must have a positive attitude about UA and new students
- Must be at least sophomore standing by end of Spring 2019 semester
Stipend amount will total $1250
Interested in becoming a Peer Advisor? Complete the 2019-2020 Peer Advisor Application.