The Parker-Adams Fellow is a leadership position available to students after their freshman year here at UA. These students work closely with the current Parker Adams students as mentors, making the transition from high school life to college life smoother than ever!
- Proctor and maintain records for study hall (4 hours per week each semester)
- Serve as peer leader for one of the Parker Adams event committees
- Attend the Arts & Sciences Compass class
- Offer pre-advisement before registration periods
- Support and attend community and University cultural, academic, and social events with Parker Adams students
- Mentor incoming students by
- Knowing and interacting with students on a regular basis
- Assisting students as they adjust to campus life
- Serving as a role model for students
- Being knowledgeable of campus resources
- Demonstrating a positive attitude
NOTE: Fellows are not responsible for judicial concerns or crisis intervention.
- Conduct oneself in a responsible and mature manner at all times
- Maintain confidentiality as related to job functions and resident concerns
- Attend study hall hours and community events as scheduled
- Attend training sessions before the start of each semester
- Attend Parker Adams compass class
- Register for, or attend, 1 credit P/F leadership course as schedules during Fall semester
- Must be an alumnus of the Parker-Adams program
- Full-time enrollment at The University of Alabama
- Have a good academic standing each semester and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA (cumulative)
Students who live in Harris Hall will receive $750 per semester ($1500 per year), while students who live outside of Harris Hall will receive $500 per semester ($1000 per year).
NOTE: PA Students have an opportunity to apply for the PA Fellow/RA position. These are the only live-in positions that will be available. Please review the RA selection process on the Housing website for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a Fellow for the Parker-Adams Living Learning Community, please complete the Parker-Adams Fellow Application (2017-2018).
Deadline: Application materials are due January 13, 2017 to 200 Clark Hall or email@example.com.