The Parker-Adams Fellow is a leadership position available to students after their freshman year here at UA. These students work closely with the current Parker-Adams students as mentors, making the transition from high school life to college life smoother than ever!
- Proctor and maintain records for study hall (4 hours per week each semester)
- Serve as peer leader for one of the Parker-Adams event committees
- Attend the Arts & Sciences Compass class
- Offer pre-advisement before registration periods
- Support and attend community and University cultural, academic, and social events with Parker-Adams students
- Mentor incoming students by
- Knowing and interacting with students on a regular basis
- Assisting students as they adjust to campus life
- Serving as a role model for students
- Being knowledgeable of campus resources
- Demonstrating a positive attitude
NOTE: Fellows are not responsible for judicial concerns or crisis intervention.
- Conduct oneself in a responsible and mature manner at all times
- Maintain confidentiality as related to job functions and resident concerns
- Attend study hall hours and community events as scheduled
- Attend training sessions before the start of each semester
- Attend Parker-Adams compass class
- Register for 1 credit P/F leadership course as scheduled during Fall semester. Students who already have 16 credit hours may attend the class and meetings without registering.
- Must be an alumnus of the Parker-Adams program
- Full-time enrollment at The University of Alabama
- Have a good academic standing each semester and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA (cumulative)
Students who live in Harris Hall will receive $750 per semester ($1500 per year), while students who live outside of Harris Hall will receive $500 per semester ($1000 per year).
NOTE: PA Students have an opportunity to apply for the PA Fellow/RA position. These are the only live-in positions that will be available. Please review the RA selection process on the Housing website for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a Fellow for the Parker-Adams Living Learning Community, please complete the Parker-Adams Fellow Application (2017-2018).
Students who have participated in the Parker-Adams program may apply!
Deadline: Application materials are due January 12, 2018 to 200 Clark Hall or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parker-Adams Fellows 2017-2018
Parker Adams has helped me have a successful Freshman year by teaching me about all the resources I have available on campus and important skills I would need throughout college. I’m really looking forward to working with PA to help incoming freshmen have a smooth and seamless transition here at UA!
I’m looking forward to meeting new people and expanding PA. I gained skills like working with others and planning ahead from PA. I hope to accomplish more leadership skills as a fellow next year.
Melissa Sharpe, Sophomore, Conyers, GA, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
My hobbies include cooking, hanging out with friends and discovering new music/artists. PA has given me close friends, new activities to do on campus, and revealed to me ways to succeed on camps. I look forward to meeting you all this fall!
Lacy (Tre) McClung, Junior, Pelham, AL, Medical Administration
PA has definitely helped me throughout college. PA has allowed me to explore other major options, as well as learn about the many academic resources on campus. I am looking forward to what the coming year will bring for PA, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!