All incoming students registered with the College of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply to the Parker-Adams Year. No minimum GPA, ACT or SAT scores are required for students who have been accepted into the University.
The program is not open to students participating in the Capstone Center of Success, Blount Initiative or Honors College. Priority is given to applications submitted by April 21. Applications will be accepted through July 15.
- Registration in Arts and Sciences Compass Course 101 (Fall Semester)
- Registration in Arts and Sciences Compass Course 102 (Spring Semester)
- Registration in a Parker-Adams designated English 101 and 102 courses (requirement waived if registered in EN 103 or if transfer credits apply)
- Academic Success Activities: 4 hours each week (Study hall, tutoring, and study skills classes)
- Attend a minimum of 3 cultural events each semester (tickets will be provided to most theatre and dance performances)
Group Study and Tutoring Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-4:45pm
- Monday-Thursday: 7:00pm-10:00pm
(Tutoring upon request, academic seminars and more!)