- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Current First Aid/CPR certifications or the ability to obtain one before beginning the internship
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and a strong desire to learn
- Willingness to work variable and extended hours sufficient to meet program objectives
- GPA: 2.0 required, 2.5 preferred
- Work experience in campus recreation, physical education, therapeutic recreation, youth sports/camps or other closely related field.
- Interest in exploring graduate school or a career in University Recreation.
- Preference will be given to current students with sophomore and junior status that would be returning to their campus for at least one year after the summer internship.
- Interns will be provided housing through University Housing and dining meal plan. The housing and meal package is estimated at $2000 and may be treated as taxable income by the IRS.
- Interns will receive a stipend- $1000.
- Academic credit for internship hours can be approved on an individual basis.
- Interns are responsible for their travel to and from Eugene.
- Interns will be expected to hold office hours, schedule project meetings and complete other associated work between 25 and 35 hours a week including nights and weekends
- Interns will participate in program and facility tours that require travel and potential overnight stays
Individuals who wish to be considered for the internship need to complete the following by Friday, April 14, 2017. Intern interview and selection may take place before this date.
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, a single document containing a resume and statement of interest that at a minimum addresses the following questions:
- What core classes have you taken in school that would assist you in your experience with this internship?
- What past experience do you have that will assist you with this internship?
- What do you hope to gain from the internship experience?
Please contact Tiffany Lundy, email@example.com for additional information or questions.